Health Benefits of Drinking Wine
If you need more reason to make your own wine at Still Brewing, consider this – drinking wine in moderation is actually proven to be beneficial to your health. Published studies from around the world have found that drinking wine in moderation may provide you with the following:
- Reduced risk of heart disease
- Reduced risk of heart attack
- Lowered risk of stroke
- Reduced risk of type 2 diabetes
- Lowered risk of colon cancer
- Reduced risk of depression
- Reduced risk of breast cancer
- Prevention of dementia
- Increased longevity
- Slowing of brain decline
- Lowered risk of cataracts
- Improved lung function
The following links will provide you with more information, including details about the studies and where they were performed.
Of course the key word here is moderation. Consuming too much wine will negate the benefits and lead to higher risks of health problems.